Saturday, January 24, 2009

7 Deadly Sins

Holy Mother Church knows more about human nature, its needs, desires, & pitfalls than a whole Neyland Stadium full of Oprah's & Dr. Phil's. Though one may not have heard much about them from the pulpit lately, the Church has long held - & continues to hold - that these particular 7 vices are the seeds from which all other sins sprout.
...
Making posters for my religious ed classroom (or any other form of sacred art) is a spiritual exercise. My task was simpy to list in a hopefully engaging manner the 7 captial sins. What happened, though, is that I began considering how those seeds may have taken root in my life & what bitter fruit they may have yielded.

It also caused me to think of the ways in which the grace offered to me by Christ Jesus through the Faith, liturgy, & sacraments of his Church have helped me to overcome & leave many of these behind - to be able to choose joy instead of despair, freedom instead of slavery, life instead of death.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want a copy for my office wall!