Thursday, October 1, 2009

Chant Workshop at the National Shrine

I've been away for a while, & though I'm back in town, I still don't have any time to blog. Still, I wanted to point you to recordings made at a Saturday Votive Mass for the B.V. Mary in the crypt church of the National Shrine of the Immaculate Conception in Washington D.C., the culmination of a weekend workshop on Gregorian Chant sposored by Musica Sacra
...
The recordings can be found HERE.
...
The Ordinaries are sung by the students of the workshop - about 150 people. The Propers are sung by a schola made up of the instructors & lecturers. The motets are sung by the choir from a local parish.
I hope you enjoy this beautiful sacred music & a few of the many photos of the mosaics found in the chapels & ceilings all around the Shrine.
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...
...

No comments: