Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Vespers - Tuesday, Week IV



One of the reoccurring reasons I hear from people of why they don't pray/participate in the Liturgy of the Hours is that it is confusing.  Maybe, but it is a liturgy, you know.  You wouldn't expect someone who's never been to Mass before to just walk right in & know exactly what's going on & what to do.  One has to become familiar with it slowly, learning its different parts & their meanings gradually.

So, I propose an experiment: in hopes that folks will become more familiar with the Liturgy of the Hours, I will attempt to record & post a full, 4-week cycle of Evening Prayer, or Vespers.  I hope more people will  come to love this ancient form of Christian prayer as much as I do.  Even the bishops are also interested in breathing some new life into the Hours [click here].

I will try to post them on the sidebar as I get them recorded.  This is quite complicated, however, because of the various saints' days & other feasts.  Plus we're heading into the season of Advent soon, so there will be far more variations upcoming.  Ideally, I would have each day's recording posted that evening, but this will be extremely difficult, especially to add the subtexts.  Please keep in mind that there is a lot of improvisation required to sing the Hours, so my apologies for the miscues.

Let me know - either in the combox or via email - if this is useful to you or if you would like to see something different, say, just an audio recording.  Thanks & God bless.

"Become a saint!"

No comments: