Friday, February 25, 2011

Headline News

I'm staying home today, mostly to pray & catch up on assigned reading for my Metaphysics class - mostly Aristotle. While another cup of coffee was brewing, I switched on the TV just in time to hear the CNN announcetrix relay matter-of-factly that the Pro Life billboard in NY calling out Planned Parenthood is being removed for "reasons of safety," whilst showing a video clip of the sign coming down.

Without a word of comment, the newswoman then moved on the next story, beginning with such an expression of angst, "This next story is soooo sad! A group of baby bottle-nosed dolphins has been found washed up on shore..."

Folks, I ain't against dolphins by any means, but I hope you can see the tragedy knotted up in this 30-second piece of reporting.

No comments: