Saturday, November 27, 2010

My Peace I Give You

I was troubled, pouring over in my head so many things. Then a voice spoke to me saying,

"Those things that trouble you, they are of no consequence; they are nothing. They cannot bring peace. Even if all your difficulties were resolved now, you would still not be a peace. I know you long for peace. But you could have peace now, if only you would truly desire it. If you turn to me to all your heart, I will give you peace."

Stained glass window photo taken in St. Joseph Cathedral in Columbus, Ohio.

3 comments:

Ashley Siferd said...

This was very nice Mark. Thank you for sharing, as I have discovered it too is something I needed to hear.

Ericka McCarty said...

With so many health issues going on recently, I have forgotten this far more than I would like. And like you said, I know that even if I were perfectly healthy, that I would not find peace, joy and happiness; well, at least unless I look to the source of peace, joy and happiness.

Thanks for the reminder!

Mark G. said...

It really happened, too - last Saturday as I was raking leaves (which I oddly enjoy).