Saturday, December 5, 2009

Let it snow!

It doesn't snow too much here in Tennessee, so when it does - & sticks - we make a big deal of it. This was wet, sticky snow - perfect for making a snowman. It also stuck to the branches beautifully, making some striking winter scenery.

The critters were loving it, too. The birds were really flocking to the feeders, I guess since their usual fare is under the snow now. The cardinals don't seem to migrate during the winter - I saw them all winter last year & are certainly still around now. There's something very Christmasy about a bright red cardinal set against a snowy backdrop.

The dogs enjoyed playing in the snow. Little Max loves the cold weather, but the Labs, Ellie & Zoe, aren't quite sure. They were just glad we all got to be outside together for a while. I let Max out to help me roll up the balls for the snowman, but he thought the game was to smash them apart as fast as I could roll them together, so I chucked his little fuzzy butt back into the backyard.

Alas, all things must pass. The snow is already gone from the ground, & Mr. Snowman isn't looking so good.

Oh well. It was fund while it lasted!

No comments: