Wednesday, August 19, 2009

On the Feast of the Assumption...

... last Saturday, as at most Masses, I sat near the front - partly so as to be closer to 'the action', but also to minimize my tendency to be distracted during Mass. As a by-product of this, I never really know how many people are present (once at a Mass in Dublin, Ireland, I turned around at the sign of peace to find that there was NO ONE behind me!). A friend commented afterwards that aside from 2 children & myself, that the assembly consisted of about 50 people "of a certain age". I know this wasn't a Day of Obligation, but it seems that if people believed what Catholics believe that they would be there anyway. It's great that we had a nice Mass, with choir even, but I'm just wondering about this...

On Sunday, however, the external solemnity of the Assumption was celebrated in the Extraordinary Form of the Roman Rite at Holy Ghost Catholic Church in all its beauty & majesty (corner of Baxter & Central, Mass at 1:30pm, Confessions immediately before & after). It's nice to have Msgr. Mankel there, as well. See many wonderful photos at www.knoxlatinmass.net/gallery/gallery.htm

Today began with a glorious sunrise. Here's hoping that your day is just as glorious.





No comments: