Sunday, July 5, 2009

Tryin' to be good... really!

This just may be the funniest picture-with-caption I have ever come across. I laughed till it hurt & it hurt till I cried. The more I tried to stop, the funnier it got.
...


Seriously, who completed this masterpiece of cacoscopy, then stepped back & declared, "That's it!"? Further, who wrote the check declaring, "That's it!"? Seriously.

I had just about resigned myself to acceptance of the Risifix in our church sanctuary, when a friend pointed out that it looked to them like Our Lord & Savior Jesus Christ was wearing a skirt. Looks more like a kilt to me. So now I have the temptation to sneak in some Saturday night & drape a tartan over his shoulder, put bagpipes in his hand, & a little plaid cap with a pom-pon on top! That'd show 'em! Uh, forgive me, Father, for I may have sinned...

For more hilarious (but really, really sad) outakes from the Best of Modern Catholic Liturgical Art & Architecture, please see the Crescat.

4 comments:

Linda said...

This modern art reminds me of the time I went to La Sallete Shrine and they had a big huge resurrected Jesus (made of bronze) hanging right over the sanctuary from invisible string. I just could not look at it. It was donated to the shrine and the person was very proud of this piece of art. Finally a few years later they took it down.

Brook said...

You made me laugh outloud at work, Mark!

Mark G. said...

I'm just here to help, ma'am. :D

Anonymous said...

I thought I was the only one who had a hard time not laughing at the Risifix in our church sanctuary. I also want to cry for the way our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ is depicted.